Thursday, June 30, 2005

My boo



I just want to share my love for my baby: my Creative Zen Extra 30GB mp3 player. Yeah, you can call me pathetic or a frigging loser...but what can I do? Nothing deserves a write-up other than my boo.

Knowing that I'll be spending the next 6 months in solitude in New Jersey, I bought my Zen player last year before going to the States. My concern is to bring my 40+ CD collection to the states and thus, preventing looming states of boredom while I am in the snowy suburbs of NJ. I also need to smuggle pirated CDs of KAPLAN reviewer to the states that time so I decided to invest in an mp3 player which can also function as a hard drive.

True enough, my boo served its purpose. I ripped all my choir CDs, all my 17 albums of Broadway musicals, downloaded mp3's and the whole season 1 of queer eye for the straight guy (which I painstakingly downloaded from the internet) into it. And yes! it kept me sane all throughout my stay. Other things made me crazy but that's another story....

I was able to rip CDs I borrowed from friend on it, Spanish language learning CDs and even mp3 copies of KAPLAN lectures. I never got bored during the long subway rides from Manhattan to Queens nor the bus rides from Port Authority to our house in Union, NJ.

Yeah, sometimes I do envy the portability and sleek Starck design of the iPOD but there are a lot of things that iPOD cannot do. One major thing is that it doesn't support file sharing between computers. I get a lot of music files from my friends and I can't overemphasize the NEED to drag my boo from one computer to another to get the music albums that I need.

To top it all, I can take my important documents everywhere I go, including my resume, letters and transcript.

I love my boo.

BONUS TIP: your Bel Ami and Falcon files will never be discovered again. :-)

No comments: