Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Most Uneventful Holy Week Ever

I simmered at home for 2 days: it was hot and sticky and there was nothing to do but play Naruto on PSP with my cousins. It was Kiba, Sakuri and Rock Guy who filled my days with excitement. It's really fun, even though I ended up with a completed bruised pride after my 12-year-old playmates kept kicking my arse.

It was eat-play-sleep cycle for 2 days. But on second thought, I owe this time for myself. I was working hard at the start of the week doing a teaching stint and going on call at nights. I had two hours of worthless sleep last Tuesday. Also, everything happens in Makati or Manila. The bus ride becomes my mobile home. I am getting used in texting, reading, listening to podcasts while enduring the gruesome commute to work.

Everyone was restless by sabado de gloria. Just like everyone in our little suburbian town, we went to the mall to look for a place to eat and basically, see other people. True enough, some of my badminton buddies were in the area, desperately looking for something to pass time. Not everyone is in the mood for a game, though. That night, we all trooped to Pasig as one of my badminton friends prepared dinner for us. It turned out to be a sizeable feast: sizzling bulalo, pepper steak, chicken satay, chicken pandan, tokwa't baboy, sizzling corn complete with several pitchers of a cocktail drink called zombie. That night, as we await for easter, I know we were more or less bound for the third tier of Dante's Hell.

Easter was as uneventful as the other days. Finally, I got my feet on the court again after a week of not playing. My playtime dwindled since the dual meet in Antipolo three weeks ago (We were not much of a loser, we lost 2 out of 6 games, so I wasn't that disappointed with my play). Real life and work caught up; ergo, I was busy running around Manila like a lap dog.

Now, it's Monday and I can still feel my liver working out the liters of Tanduay in that zombie-shit drink. I keep telling myself to work. I've been procastinating for quite sometime now.


No comments: