Monday, July 25, 2005

Getting back to the craze

I just got back from a badminton game. A good one, that is. I've been craving for activity since I get back here in Manila. During my 2 weeks in Boracay, I hardly exercise, except for the walking during my calls. Oh, yeah, I took a swim twice in the beach but basically that's it. I need my endorphin rush.

I got hooked (understatement) with this sport after I graduated from medical school. (That was two years ago...I'm not that OLD you know). I was studying for the boards that time and I figured that I need an escape: to ease my stress and to express the aggression boiling inside me. Two years later, I'm now licensed to practice here and in the States and yes, I'm still playing the game.

My ICeT Prince racket is a little worn and the strings remain unchanged. Miracurously. it has still power despite the fact that I never restringed it. I still like the feel of the handles and the weight of it.

My play is a little rusty also since I have lesser time to play with friends. But I do always try to play better everytime...trying hard to give them a good whack on the butt. And I do manage to give them a mean whacking a while ago.

Actually, a friend and I are planning to have tennis lessons today. But we figured that the commotion in Commonwealth Avenue will hinder us from doing anything. I ended up playing badminton the whole day while he hit the gym just a while ago. I guess I'm kissing my tennis lessons goodbye. I'll stick with this. There's a tournament on the end of the month and I would rather practice for that. Maybe I'll take the tennis lessons before I leave for the States.

Gotta go...I have another game in an hour! :-)

No comments: