Sunday, March 25, 2007

Day 5 in Florida

From the minute Joseph learned that I was in town, he booked a ticket to Florida for us. He's on leave for two weeks so we're spending a week here in Florida.

Anyway, it's one legitimate vacation that I'm guilty of having. We mostly lounge the whole day, watch TV, drive around and shop in malls. They have a great outlet mall which has Banana Rep and Gap. Our blood was like laced with E when we saw the discounts. Haha. I need some clothes because I didn't bring that much. I was hoping I get lucky with the Scramble and then I'll fly out after three weeks. Well, it looks like I'm staying for a while.

I met most of Joseph's family. Well, I met the rest since I got to know them when we first got in the US. They are one heck of a family. His mom is already here, so that's an extra. She was cooking us homecooked Filipino meals the whole time. Gosh, the sinigang was so good. Even the adobo I kinda miss. Two weeks in the US...hmmm...I guess I don't have that much of an excuse.

Its hard not to think of my career when on vacation, so I keep on thinking of the ways I can get back to my feet, my strategies for the coming weeks and my battle plan for the next month. I am contemplating about taking another test (but the $600 fee keeps stinging me on the ass), applying for research and clinical observership (but the living costs also is something to consider) or going back to the Philippines. The last option remains an option this time.
Anyway, I have to days to go here in FL until I face the music in New York. Good to hear that spring weather has finally came. I hope I get the motivation to jog since 515 59th Ave is just two blocks from central park. I miss Fitness First though. But for now, I have to make this work.

We're going to Disney tomorrow...woohoo! I'm excited. I'll be taking lots of pictures!!



Oilyness is next to povery. I'm impoverished anyway...so, bring it on, sebaceous glands!!

No comments: