Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend in New Jersey

After a week of pure disappointment, I went to New Jersey to visit my friend back in Grade school. New Jersey isn't much of a place to go to but what the heck...I miss my friend and she's excited to introduce me to her new hubby.

So, I woke up a little late this morning because Joseph and I went drinking the night after. Last night was my first night out in New York. Nothing fantastic happened....we just went out and had some drinks in a bar in Chelsea, mostly catching up and having a good time. First time to check The Scene. I figured I didn't miss it THAT much.

Oh, backtrack before that. Jeffrey, Cindy, Alex and I went out to have dinner in Republic in Union Square. We then had a chocolate drink and fondue on the same street. After checking out the sale books in Strand, Jeff and I waited for Joseph to come while Cindy and Alex went home.

Anyway, that's news for everyone....I didn't miss the New York scene. I guess its part of growing up (getting older is definitely the operative word here...I refuse so), just like my diet: cutting down on soda and rice...because my love handles aren't handles anymore. They're starting to be love blobs now. So, I'm ditchin' the carbs. Everybody needs to grow up. But I'm not liking every second of it.

So, yeah...today I went to New Jersey. The damnest place in the world. Even St. Loius has character and Novaliches, too. (Yeah, its that bad.) We went to eat at Minado--enough reason to go to Jersey because the one in 34th street closed down already--and pigged out on Japanese food. But, I hate the fact that my sweater smells like teriyaki after. My friend Astaire was in the hosting mode. We went to West New York, Jersey Garden Mall and Liberty State Park. Our little excursion was good if it wasn't 26 fuckin' degrees outside. Man, my fingers were frozen after a few minutes spent on open air. It was freezing. The wind was strong and it was hitting us with icy breeze all throughout the day. Well, in gist, the temp was getting to my nerves makes me feel giddy for supposedly fun travel photos, so instead, I have these lousy ones:





Then, I met my friends hubby. Ray = Nice bloke. He's a relationship guy and he looks good too. I'm happy they found each other. He talks a lot for someone straight but I guess that's a plus. Straight, but not boring. We heard mass, had dinner in this Mexican restaurant he was craving about (overrated but then, I guess I wasn't THAT interested with dinner...thanks to Minado) and then drove around New Jersey. What stick to my mind: Tom Cruise came from the same neighborhood as Ray's. Cool huh. They went to the same high school: Glenridge. But not the same year. Well, I dunno why do I have to spit that trivia out.


It's Monday tom. I have to go back to work. Well, not work work. But work for work. I bet you know what I mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Richmond (man, this is weird)... uhmmm... mon... hehe.