Sunday, January 29, 2006

It's been a while since my last post

After a vacation in Boracay, I immersed myself with work this month. Duty-off-duty-off-duty-duty-off had been the tempo of my weeks and its corresponding variations. I was blessed with a lot of opportunities this month and I didn't hesitate to grab it. But I need to work more. Oh, by the way...

KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!

I met a Chinese friend two weeks back and he's giving me feng shui advice ever since. If you give feng shui advice two years ago, I could've shrugged my shoulders in your face and walk off. But, after being devoid of luck during the past year, I am open to anything right now--any advice that would make my life and my career a step better than what it is today.

So I followed most of his advice. I changed my sheets, pillow covers yesterday. I bought new set of pantulog clothes: sandos, boxers--the works. He also gave me a flowerhorn fish which is supposedly lucky. (Which reminds me, I have to clean the aquarium and transfer the goldfishes to another tank). Then, I had Annie, my co-duty last thursday, cut a short lock of hair from the back--which also meant getting rid of my bad luck in the past year. Honestly, I was getting obsessed with the whole thing. Here's more...

I was born in the Year of the Snake. So far, what they say about snake people is that they are short tempered, sly and moody. They are also deep thinkers and intellectual. Pretty much true. It's a good year for snake people and that's what's really important. So, rejoice fellow serpents! May Slytherin be with us.
*****************

Did you watch the Australian Open finals?? Gosh, it was so AMAZING! The match between Federer and Baghdatis is one heck of a game! Baghdatis came literally from nowhere (well, he's from Cyprus), but he can sure kick ass!! Too bad I missed the last half. I had to go to church. I was hoping I could catch a replay tonight on Star World. No luck. Catch it if you can...I tell you the first two sets are the best. Read my friend's write-up about it here.

That's his picture right there. This was taken when he beat Roddick in the semi finals. Can you believe the guy is just TWENTY years old? And he has too much hair in that 6'0 frame. Not one of his best pictures, either. Looks like he wants a banana....

*****************
Honestly, I am not entirely in the writing mood during the past two weeks. I was hoping I could submit a few articles for a writing job but I had to put it to a rest. All the stress from being a doctor is killing the artist in me. Ha ha. Too much drama in that statement. As I was saying, It has been an intense month. Fortunately, I'll be off to Boracay for a set of duties next week. I'll be back on the 13th. For now, sayonara.

No comments: