Tuesday, June 10, 2008

As If I Never Said Goodbye

After several back-to-back-to-back parties, several drunk moments at 3am and after a gamut of stuff to buy, to endorse and to pack, I finally made it to Manhattan.  It was a very tiresome 19 hour flight from Hongkong and it was good to be deprived of sleep.  I slumped in my cramped Cathay Pacific airline chair, slept for 2 hours at a time and watching on-board movies in between.  I finished 3 movies, I think -- the flight was THAT long.

I thought I only have a two-hour lay over in Hongkong, but no!, it was a 4-hour lay.  I immediately went to an internet booth to email my family and friends, but gave it up after a Paki started hovering around me.  After a few minutes he asked my help and begged to him use my internet.  Yup, it was MY internet that he was intending to use.  At first, I was reluctant to give in since it cost me an eclair and a milk tea, although I am not planning to spend on food.  But after a few minutes, I let him use my remaining time.  I need good karma.

The flight from Hongkong was uneventful.  The food was horrible, although I wasn't expecting much from Cathay (I like Korean Air food best), but the on-flight entertainment system was great.  I never had to talk to my seatmates (a hetero couple).  I also finished the book I brought, The Red Tent, which I got from Booksale at P15.  It wasn't that good despite the fact that the critics loved it in 2005, good thing I got it on a very cheap, dirt-cheap in fact, price.

INS and luggage claim was a breeze.  I head out immediately to get my nicotine fix and started out to the Airtrain.  I didn't plan on getting a cab since I have to live in a tight budget 'till I get my first paycheck (wohoo m excited) and I didn't have that much baggage anyway.  I left most of my stuff here in NY and PA.  It pays when you plan your every move.  

So, off I went to the E train and arrived at 86th street station after a grueling hour ride from the airport.  I touched down in Joseph's apartment's foyer at around 2:30am.  We were excited to see each other again! We had to talk and smoke first before I shower and get to bed, so that's what we did.  

It's nice to be back in the city.  It will be a nice, warm and sunny day tomorrow...I don't even want to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back mon!