Friday, June 13, 2008

To Mac or Not To Mac

Help me decide.  I am about to buy a laptop and still torn on the idea of getting a mac vs a pc.

MAC: Primarily because I don't have to worry about viruses.  The US is a different environment, there are hackers everywhere and identity theft is something that scares me. The thought that somewhere in Laredo, TX, an exotic stripper crosses to Mexico bearing my name and SSN is a scary thought: leaving the US is, when work supposed to start 10 days from now...being a stripper is big umph to my current social status.


WINDOWS:  I've been a windows-user since the forging of the Rings of Power.  I can operate it with my eyes closed while I spin two plates on a stick on my toes.  I am so at home with windows, but I've tried Vista and it sucks.   And there's the virus issue, too.  

Other considerations:
1. Hospital system is not Mac-supported, but really, I don't want to take my work home.
2. I like Mac's wireless capability.
  

No comments: