Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Basking in Solitude

Guess what? I am still in Manila. It's been a week and a day since the tragic event. I'm not sure if I am allowed to post what happened here but I would better not.

Since then, I kept myself in the confines of my room. Blogging, writing emails, reading books, watching films. Living THE LIFE. I just don't want to face real life for the moment. Not yet. Now that I'm in career limbo, I can do what I want to do. Later, I'll be playing badminton with my newly stringed racket. I miss my baby. It has been 2 months and 5 games without him. I thought I would say goodbye to badminton for good, not to expect I'll be back on the court in 5 days.

For those concerned, no, I am not depressed. I don't feel remorseful at all. Although I have lots of things to look forward to on that last trip (like seeing Joseph and Jeff again), I still have a lot to thankful for. I can't wait till Christmas! And I am not giving up without a fight. I'll clear my name for all intents and purposes. I was never mean. I never broke the law. I am good to my patients. I've generated three lifetimes worth of karma by doing charity work. But I guess my cards does not believe in karma at all.

Finally, I finished One Hundred Years of Solitude. It took me a hundred moments to finish that one. I already started reading it 5 months ago but I have to put it down for a much lighter piece of literature. It isn't as tedious as Umberto Eco but it's not The Devil Wears Prada quality either. I like the way magical realism was used in the story. It wasn't as grandiose and sporadic as it was in Like Water For Chocolate. The subtlety and execution of a magical tale, told in a plain, almost real tone, makes it a wonderful piece of work. I certainly deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature.

Now, I have to break my solitude. I like the last line from the book: races condemned to one hundred years of solitude did not have a second opportunity on earth. I completely agree.

1 comment:

oliverpublicist said...

Thanks for droppin' by my blog at www.oliverpublicist.blogspot.com Enjoy your stay in Manila.