Saturday, October 15, 2005

Reinventing myself

I woke up this morning and I realize I have to pick up my life. It's been two weeks now when I decided to stop moving. I have to do something, make decisions and return back to a functional existence. This past week was a blur of badminton games, thai massages, gym work-out and karaoke parties. I was drowning all my memories of the past week, the money I lost and the events I missed. Mark called me yesterday and it was a refreshing conversation, so to speak. I was planning to talk to someone in the medical community for the longest time, but I am still avoiding the tedious task of relating my sad story for the 100th time.

Oh well...

DANG! I woke up at 11 in the morning again today and it's really a shame to find yourself in dreamland while the rest of the world is scurrying in their everyday lives. It seems that I don't have a life at all. Well, this became my life: blogging. It's therapeutic, in the very sense of the world. Clears up my mind and set me up for the things I have to do today. I just hope I accomplish something.

I guess the best thing for me to do right now is to reinvent myself. Set up new paths, do what I am set out to do and explore all options I have for this wretched career. Now, I understand why Americans hate medical school. It's not for the lazy. I, on the other hand, borders on being lazy and industrious, can hop on either side, depending what suits me. Right now, obviously, I am in the lazy bitch part.

Actually, give me a laptop, an mp3 player and a gym membership and I'll be happy to work day in and day out. Too bad, my mp3 player broke and now, I am still in square one. No career and no music drains out the life in me. And yup, I have no flow. A lot to gripe for, I know and I am struggling to keep myself on my toes. I still have faith that something good will come my way, all I can do is wait and write about it for the meantime.

Meanwhile, dear reader, send me a happy thought to remind that all's not lost in this world.

No comments: