Saturday, January 27, 2007

At the end of the day I am....

Alone. Now, I find myself again alone. I never got used to being alone and now it sinks in more than ever.

It was fun when it lasted. It was satisfying and filling like a big Sunday brunch. And all I wanted, after consuming all of it, was to bask under the not-so-hot afternoon sun, drinking lemonade and smile the whole damn time. I never wanted anything or anyone--for that matter--anymore.

They said it was doomed from the start. Like two pieces of a puzzle that will never fit. They hugged me for my mistake. But I would like to tell them, honestly, you are wrong. It wasn't a mistake. I took all my judgements aside, and had to trust everything to love.

Sometimes love just ain't enough. Maybe that was it. Yes, the song. Hence, at the end of the day, still, I am alone.

1 comment:

about a boy said...

many of us find ourselves in the same state at the end of the day. sometimes love just aint enough...especially if its all coming from one person.