Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Thank You For Leonardo Dreams Of His Flying Machine

Eric Whitacre is one of my favorite choral composer mainly for giving us profound and ethereal pieces like Leonardo and Cloudburst. I haven't sung these master works but I've heard it from recordings and from his CD. I swear, after hearing it, you want to go up to heaven and kiss God on the cheek thanking Him for His gift of music. And for giving us Eric Whitacre.

Next month, his play Paradise Lost will hold its premiere in Los Angeles. I hope God will send a special plane ticket so I could go and watch. I bet it will be magical. Here's a clip of Leonardo Dreams Of His Flying Machine...



It's hard core choral stuff and I guess not everyone will appreciate it. I very much like it. Its a breather from the Palestrinas and Laudrisen which sounds very old. This one sounds young, hip and well, magical. I like it. I first fell in love with Cloudburst and then I got hooked.

I miss singing...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi....my name's javier...well i love the way you expressed the effect that Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine has on you. I also love Eric Whitacre.I have sung this Marriage....wonderful piece...I will be singing Sleep...Water Night...Leonardo!!!and When Daved Heard....wish me luck....you can contact me at jm052207@yahoo.com