Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Wait Is Killing Me And I Better Hit The Books

I mean THE books (shown left). Not the Medical Books that I am detesting right now. I haven't read anything of THE books lately since I came here in New York. I was so amazed by my iPod's capability of storing movies, which, I could view anywhere, anytime. I saw a few good movies in that gadget for the past months. It saves me money from going to the movies here in the US and it really keeps me updated with the box office.

Let me run you through. The Patricia Cornwell books were scavenged from my friend in San Fo which she was ready to throw away. I never read any of these crime thrillers actually and I guess its cheaper to start on something free. Haha. I bought The Swimming Pool Library and The Farming of Bones yesterday from Strand. Martin and John was procured with a dollar from the local library. And then, the rest are Spanish learning books, which I have been trying to learn for the past 3 months. No progress. I'm a dumbass, can't you see? After all the espanol I've learned, I tried conversing with a guy from Argentina via Skype the other day. I ended up using freetranslation.com the whole time. I was cutting and pasting frantically during the whole conversation. Thank you technology. But, the purpose was defeated at will.

And the wait literally kills me. I've been emailing all the program directors in all the states, but, still no luck. I'm trying (like hell) to keep my hopes up. But then, I went through very rough times in my life and this is NOTHING compared to that one.

Well, I buy books when I'm sad. I still have a lot of backlog books at home--30-ish--so I guess, that speaks for the pits, abyss and nadirs I went into. Nevertheless, I really want to write when I get old. That's why I want to have copies of good books. I can go back to the good ones and pick the author's brains. The Patricia Cornwell books have to go, though. It's just not the kind of literature that I will be proud to have sitting on my bookcase. But, I don't know. I can give her a chance.

No comments: