Friday, July 13, 2007

Are You Part Of Dumbledore's Army?



Jeff found this website where you can practice your wizarding skills...and we're DEFINITELY HOOKED...haha. We don't care if beat 10-year olds in this or them beating us...its just addicting!! haha. Stupefy! Protego! I LOOOVE IT!

Jhow and I watched the new Potter movie in IMAX and its so worth my $15 bucks. I like the movie...even though I loathe the book pieces. Book 5 is one tedious read without much story to advance the plot. The movie eliminated all those blahblah and created a good sequel to the Potter series. Jhow never read the book but liked the movie. Its THAT good. Plus the 3-D finale is AWESOME!! We bought tickets for the 9.30 AM screening. I thought it was all kids (yeah 90% of it) but there are adults as well. There's even two guys in their sixties wearing suits in our row. They have their briefcases with them: probably on their way to the office but opted to watch Harry before trading stocks. We even have this fairly adolescent group of HP fanatics rowmates sporting the lightning scar on their foreheads. WTF?! Pottermania is back!!

Part of Pottermania here in New York is a book launching party in Times Square on July 20 (which I am not planning to go). And...did you notice that Potter is in the cover of Details magazine this month? I dont like his shots in the feature article though. Too raunchy.

I couldnt believe why people are complaining that Harry had lost his magic. Well, I guess there's some universal truth in the Harry Potter series, which are:

1. Every one grows up. EVENTUALLY. Even I have to grow up and find a real job soon.
2. As you face the world, the story becomes darker and darker. Hell, if there's no darkness, how can you tell the bliss in finding the light. Sorry, I'm being Milton-ish here...but I find it true.
3. Magic never grows old. Merlin is a thousand years old but his magic never fails to bring back the kid in us. So does HP. I think even though Harry is some 64-year old actor doing Harry Potter 50, the magic on screen will never cease to enthrall me.

Ugh...on second thought...that's a lame idea. I won't be sitting on any HP movies past the 7th. And Harry too--he said so in the Details article. He wants to have a normal life. Just like the rest of us.

No comments: