Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Syndrome

I'm sick. I think I got this illness last month. I am oblivious to stress in December and the wave is drifting its way to all the Mondays succeeding it. I have Monday syndrome. The drone of the weekends reverbs to my Monday rhythm and it pretty much put me to a constant state of procastination.

Its 11am and my mind is practically still under the sheets. I have been reminding myself since 9am this morning about the stuff I need to do, but, my body refuses to bulge an inch. Damn. Caffeine and nicotine don't seem to work. Endorphin should, but its too much effort to obtain. I need a quick fix.

Well, writing this should fire some neurons into work. I've been playing around with my iTunes and friends' site...and now m writing endlessly until I have the energy to lift my butt off this bed.

Ugh.

It has been like this every Monday and I guess its normal. I've been so lazy this past month that I just read one novel out of the 3-4 I promised myself earlier. My comments and book reviews are moved to my shelfari site: http://www.shelfari.com/monstermd. It's nice to have a virtual bookshelf. Being a closeted geek, I find inner enjoyment in skimming through the titles in my bookshelf. Haha--geek! But then, I found this site, where you can build your own bookshelf and make comments or notes on the books you've read...its awesome!!

Ok, I think this is enough. I am perked up. Have to get moving....

1 comment:

Clayman said...

Ooooh, I have Shelfari, too, friend. And just like you, I wish I had time to read as much as I wanted to.