Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Enough Surprises

It was a success! I surprised a lot of people when I came home last Saturday. Well, back to the Philippines, that is, until I fix all my papers before I start training in July. I'm excited to spend these next 6 months in the country since I might not able to spend that long a time here. Social calendar, ready...go! Haha. (Suki, you're so infectious!)

Anyway, a lot of people got caught with the surprise:
5. Reiagurl, my best friend in HS, who was screaming in the Trinoma parking lot when I called her. She was almost run down by a speeding car.
4. Millie - she cried on the phone because she was on duty last Monday night and really had regrets that she cant join us.
3. Leng and the rest of the MedChoir - Leng was really happy and it's nice to see her in the wedding. Everyone, gave me the wide-eyed, jaw-dropped staple "OMG". Cherry sat down to her hunches in the middle of the aisle when she saw me singing in the choir. It was great!
2. Mcthinnie and Meregreek. Arvin and his Muse came from their vacation in Boracay and I saw them after the Leng-Sher wedding. We hanged out and drank beer until 2 am. Marialena goes: "I like it here, well, except that people kept staring at me like I have five heads or something". Hahaha.
and of course, 1) My mom. She was really surprised! I saw that she was fighting back her tears! I guess its from relief: no more humongous credit card bills. Yipee. Well...let's see about that...

I am in day 3 from the day of my arrival, and so far, no jetlag! Which is great. I worked hard for it though. I did not sleep last Thursday, flew Cathay Friday morning for 15 hours and arrived in Manila at 6 pm. I can't sleep on the plane either. Damn those economy class seats! I watched several movies though and it was great. I did not have any problems coming back, contrary to the time I spent stressing about it. Today, I spent the whole day at home, cause I have this nasty stiff neck that refuses to go away.

It's nice to be back to my old room. My books surround me like stuff toys in a baby's crib. Ahhh. Surprises should be enough at this point, hence, this post. drop me an email with your number so I can update my phone book. monstermd@gmail.com. Ciao, time to sleep.

No comments: