Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Traffic is Terrible

The streets of Manila is a death trap. I wish I will never drive through the streets of Quezon Avenue and its stupid U-turn slots ever (EVER!) in my life. It's a freaking circus everyday! The fast lane suddenly becomes closed for the U-turn slot from the other side of the road; then, the FX's and jeepneys from the passenger side of the road would swerve AAALL the way to the farthest lane to make a U-turn. Swerving (and endangering the lives of others) is now becoming a totoong tradisyong Pilipino. Thank you, U-turn-stupid-slots; you have solved the country's problem of overpopulation.

Oh, and thanks to the brilliant minds of the MMDA, they closed several lanes in Quezon Ave for a U-turn slot and left the motorists with one lane to pass through. The bottlenecking is insane at that part of my freaking 2-hour trip. Araneta Ave to Welcome (that's around 100m) is a 20-minute trip. HOORAY! I am just amazed by how my fellow commuters can tolerate the traffic.

And there's more: Some imbecile made the traffic light in North Fairview switch, like once every 10 minutes and they added a green light for cars that would turn left from North Fairview. It made everything so freakishly slow. At 10:30 pm tonight, there is a
bumper-to-bumper situation which made me flip. I wanted to pull my hair out. I could have started with my nose hairs but I guess that's not good with my seatmate.

So, I have decided to rent a place in Manila which I will be occupying next week. I am fed up with the commute. I am losing 4 hours a day, 20 hours a week, 80 hours a month in this traffic. I would rather use those 20 hours a week to pester the local government and the inutil policy makers about this road inconvenience with our countrymen's daily commute. In a larger perspective, traffic sure does decrease productivity, increase stress and it indirectly harming our country's progress.

Kaya hindi umuunlad ang pilipinas, eh.


No comments: