Sunday, May 11, 2008

Contemplating Another Spanish Class

I'm still thinking if I really want to enroll in Spanish again. It's another 2,500 pesos and I don't even have 250 pesos now in my wallet, that's one. And two, I am not sure if I want to wake up at 6 am everyday again. That's the part that sucks most. Wake up at 6am to avoid traffic, but it is friggin' traffic EVERY damn day. There are endless road works along my route. The councilor/vice-mayor who implemented the digging and recementing of Belfast Ave near SM Fairview should be choking in his breakfast for the past two weeks for I have been cursing his guts every friggin' morning. A stretch of 100 meters of cemented roads was done in three weeks, although intuition would say that it can be done in 5 days. Okay, seven days...let's include 2 days of government-paid-service that doesn't actually happen. But, three friggin' weeks?? WTF. I lost 30 minutes of my life in that morning jam. By the time I get to Fairview Mall, I don't have the drive to go to class anymore.

Anyway, Level 6 Spanish was a breeze, although I have confidence issues in speaking the language. Good thing is my classmates are uber cool. We were having a good time. They had been classmates since Level 1 and definitely, they are really great to hang out with. Smokes at breaktime. Cheesecake when Kat feels like baking. Pasta when Matz (a chef) decides to whip his culinary expertise. Downloaded latin songs from Chris. And of course, my querida amigas Lourdes, Lei and Tina. Words that actually stuck to me are actually, the interesting words such as culo (for ass) and pajero isn't about a 4-wheel drive at all. It means masturbator. Too bad we can't use it during the exercises because our professors are either a former priest or a missionary in the Philippines. HAHA. Could've been fun. There you go, All I Need To Know I Learned in Level 5 Spanish.


Hmmm....should I, should I? Or will I just follow Chris who photocopied the textbook and decided to study at home. His wife is Spanish anyway. Hmmm, that's an idea....

No comments: