Saturday, May 10, 2008

One month to go!

Last night, A called me up from Pennsylvania to check how am I doing. He asked me if I am ready and honestly, I don't know how to answer that question. Yes, I am really grateful for this opportunity and I can say that I was made for this. It had been a tedious and long journey for me (my friends know about this) and finally, I got what I asked for. I am ready to give it my best but just like anyone else, of course I have my apprehensions on leaving. But, looking forward this is definitely, for the better. No doubt about it.

Anyway, I still have a lot of things to do. So the answer to my question, at this point, it is still a No. I have a month to get things patched up and by then, maybe I am ready to sail. What is left to do? Driving. Check. Spanish classes. Check. (But I am still contemplating of enrolling this week...cause my Espanol still needs practice. Well, the driving needs a LOT of practice as well.) More importantly, make the most of the miniscule time I have to see the rest of the Philippines. I have a couple of destinations to visit and I regret not having plans to go to Boracay. Gosh, I miss that place. Plus, I need to finish the things I have been doing. RE: work, which sucks, because it is taking me decades to get my data. Thanks to the residents who have been ignoring all my text and emails. UGH. So I have to make a move soon to expidite stuff. I need to conclude this work before I go.

Well, I don't know what to feel about leaving. One thing I'll miss will be the constant hanging out, badminton and San Mig light. American beers are a bunch of bland, worthless crap. I should cut down on my cigs, too: too expensive. A actually told me to bring my badminton racket since there is no good place to buy in the US. WTF?? Actually, I cringe on the thought of lugging my racket, for it is a little worn out. I had since I started playing 5 years ago and I never bought a new one. Too bad, I never won a tourney ever, either. So I had no chance of getting a free new racket.

Countdown starts now.

No comments: