Friday, September 16, 2005

Bits of nonsense

  • I bought a Kodak C300 before I went here in Boracay. So far, it's been great! It's the most affordable camera in the market. I've always been drooling to get an IXUS-- just like what my sister has--but, I simply cannot afford it. This one is a third of the price and surprisingly, it takes good pictures! Downside: the LCD is not that crisp. But I agree to what my friend said: you just need it to know if you need another shot. It has video too, but alas, no sound. But still, for the price and for a beginner's camera, I definitely recommend this one.
  • I'm leaving in a few weeks and I have so, much things left to do. I'm still here in the island and I need to cram everything in a week to get everything done. Definitely, I won't accomplish one thing I went back here for: learning to drive and getting a license. I KNOW! I'm such a brat. I always have someone to drive for me or pick me up. I LOVE riding in FX's and securing the leftmost seat in order to secure an undisturbed sleep throughout my ride. I am a natural commuter. I like the mystery of the new person sitting beside you every time. I like to read, hear music and even fantasize during a long commute. I organize my thoughts and plan my life in those long rides. Its one of the perks of living in the suburbs. Well, I'm looking at the bright side of it. Give me a fucking break.
  • From KAPLAN lectures (mp3): "Why would doctors want to specialize in hematology? It's a dead specialty. What is the newest disease they found in the specialty? Nothing. Did management of hematologic diseases change over the years? No. Well, except for the treatment for CML, everything in hematology is the same 20 years ago. I don't understand why people choose this field..." Thaaaank you, sir!

No comments: