Thursday, September 15, 2005

Weekend at Tali

This was one of the best weekends I had with friends. It was planned two nights ago and I glad I came. Well, I never thought of not going because I'm sure, Richard will be all over me again and cursing me to oblivion. Ha ha! And besides, I'll be out of the country again in three weeks...I wouldn't miss this for the world.

Richard and I met in Manila at 7pm and picked up Nick V in Pasay. We had several stops along the way (we had to buy Cinnabon for dessert, then halfway through, Richard was dying for coffee). It took us 4 hours to reach Tali Beach.

We arrived to a bunch of shrieking, screaming, definitely drunk friends. They have been acquainted well with Jay (&B) and Gilbey for quite a while now and we have to catch up real soon. I was cheering VODKA! VODKA! in the car upon we enter the village gate. Catching up is not a big deal, really. I have an appetite for a barrel of alcohol that night.

I miss this kind of thing. Being drunk like nothing else matters. Drunk as drunk can get. We sang and talked and teased in the jacuzzi like Irishmen. It was blast.

If I was Susan Sarandon in The Banger Sisters, Richard will definitely be Goldie Hawn. We used to drink until 4 in the morning and go home all drunk and puking on the floor. We even fell asleep in the car before a stop sign in Quezon Avenue. We were too drunk then to stay awake. Good times. I don't know but the world seemed to move on. Suddenly, I found myself getting sleepy at an early time. I become getting annoyed with the hypnotic sound of house music. To some extent, going out seems to have no fucking sense.

Anyway, the rest of the weekend retreat was absolutely memorable. It was the first time I jumped from a cliff of a considerable height, landing my touche in the sand in the bottom of the sea. I buckled at first, but I did it anyway. We spent the whole day in a cloud of laughter. I learned how to play mahjong again. I got hooked with it and called it quits at 5 in the morning. A drop of vodka was nowhere in our midst by that time.

The beach looks good from this point of view. It was a memorable weekend all right.

No comments: