Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Four days to go

I'm flying to Chicago in four days. Four days! I haven't' packed yet. I don't even know what to pack. My clothes are not yet washed because the washing lady comes every Saturday. I'm scared to bring a bootleg copy of my reviewers but I don't want to leave without one.

I need to shop. I promised my aunt to buy her some nice things for her house. I helped her decorate her house the last time I was there. We painted the walls and upholstered her furniture. It was fun hunting for an ottoman for her living room. We even went to the Fashion District in LA to hunt for pillow covers and upholstering cloth. I told her that there are better furniture in the Philippines and it costs way cheaper than what you get here. She, thus, made me promise to buy her some cute stuff for her home. All of a sudden, I became them Felicia. Wonder when will I become Kyan Douglas. He's a big hit.

Honestly, I'm not as excited in this trip as was before. I'm pretty much worried about my application and the whole matching loopalooza. I'm doing this wretched thing again!!! I hope it works this time. And if not, I'll make sure to get a job somewhere. Gawd. I'm neck deep in dollar debt. I don't even have my own bank account. My career is going practically nowhere. And to top it all off, I'm neck deep in dollar debt. Dollars, man. Well, I'm a bit excited with the wedding. It would be nice to sing with the tour group again. And will get to see my classmates. And Joseph! Gosh, I wonder how he looks like. I hope he didn't gain that much weight. And Jeff too! I wonder how these girls look like. Another thing to be excited about: Chicago. After reading the book about the Columbian exposition, I'm deeply interested in the city. This time I will do the river tour and perhaps go to the artsy-fartsy tour. I haven't seen the Navy Pier, either. Hey, I'm going to St. Louis too. I haven't seen much of this city except when we drove down last year for Mardi Gras. And I'm gonna see Eva again!! Geez, I guess there's a lot to look forward to.

Tita Marie would want to bring me to Las Vegas this time. We might drive to the North also to visit Janelle in Cedar Creek and to have a nice wine tasting time in Napa Valley. Whoa. But I have to constantly remind myself that I need to study for the Step 3 exam. I don't want to fail. It's a horrendous feeling.

I don't have a Personal Statement yet for Pediatrics and Family Medicine. I don't know how to start the thing. I want it to be insightful, impressive, artistic and with soul. Too much to ask for my rusty writing skills and dim-witted brain. I haven't written a single word.

I should have written it last night. But it was the first episode of Amazing Race 8. I've got to watch it. But then, I didn't like this season. I think the Family Edition was a bad idea. Well, the irritating shrieking pink ladies from Illnois won the race, the-family-with-evil-kids come a close second and the cutest bunch almost got eliminated. Geez. The pink ladies are very annoying: they are always screaming and yelling in their high pitch voices. Just as if someone stole their undies and they come running after him. It was the sound of sexual excitement and shriek from a slasher movie rolled into one. Makes me want to puke, honestly. Then, it's hard to watch kids saying--not the darnest, mind you--but the meanest things. Like they would sneak up to the other teams and crush the competition like they really mean it. I mean, it's like watching Shark Boy and Lava Girl in reality television. I'm into Pediatrics, so I guess, you would understand. And finally, the hunky Linz family. Boohoohoo. Their biceps are bigger than their brain, their strength is not proportion to their body mass and man, they talk like scoundrels. Where did you guys come from? Prison? I hate to see them go in the next episode, but brains are needed than body in this game. Well, in this WORLD, while we're at it.

Oh yeah, the Black family got sacked. I almost forgot that one. At first, I thought the commentator (Phil) made a racist remark. Pretty offensive on national television. But, I was wrong. But I heard it correctly:

"Next team on the amazing race...the Black family"

And the next frame shows a black family. Whoa. They could've at least called them by their family name!

But I was wrong. They were really THE Black family. Too bad they got sacked early in the show. But man, the kids have more spirit than their dad! He drives terrrrribly slow. This isn't a trip, honey, its a GAME. And its not just any other game, its a freaking RACE. Poor kids. It must've been a total bummer to have boring parents. Well, mine is not THAT boring. My mom is just like the Italian mom. She nags a lot and keeps his motherly pride above everything. It takes a below-the-belt remark to make her shut up. Well, at least my parents are a little bit cool: My mom snorkeled in Puerto Galera while my dad, er...hmm...my dad had 2 car accidents in one month. Everytime he sets down to the driver seat, he feels there's a NASCAR logo printed on either door. How can you get cooler than that?

I gotta go. So much things to do today.

No comments: