Friday, April 06, 2007

Freedom Writers



Watched this film last night: I bawled like a baby. I like movies that are hopeful and touching like this one. I like films that evoke change and defy notion that says you can't. That in this vast, dark and cold space we called earth, all you do is switch on a small light bulb. I know that, cause I live there, too. Living wasn't easy for me--definitely not--and I guess how everything goes. Life can be hard and you just pray that it won't get any worse.

It's nice that the film featured the Holocaust as a teaching point against anarchy. I am fascinated by the Anti-semitism and the fascist regime in Europe ever since I read Ellie Weisel's "Night". It is a powerful book, considering it's barely a hundred or so pages. I admire the courage and fortitude of those who survived the Holocaust. Their spirit is amazing. I draw strength from them, too. I felt that I was part of the classroom when I watched this one.

Don't miss this. And I recommend Mr Weisel's book "Night", too.

No comments: