Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm Back in the City

I've been in the hells Kitchen for 3 days now and I've been catching up for lost time. I turned again to my old New York City life. I didn't miss it, honestly. But it would be nice to sublimate for a while...forgetting all my worries for one or two days. I would want to have more of it, but just like anything good and pleasurable in this world, it disappears and sinks below the surface when real life sets in.

Its a nice time to be in NYC actually. The city is on fire with all the Christmas lights up around and it feels really good. Christmas mood is always nice. Since the cold has already set in, the ambiance is perfect for the season.

Sometimes, loneliness hits me once in a while, but I can never think of any place I would want to be. Its a matter of doing things I really want. I honestly don't want to be with anybody, and add up to the complexity of my current work and life situation, but solitude does kick your butt sometimes. I guess NYC has a lot of influence on what I am feeling right now. The city can be romantic sometimes, albeit most of the time people can be so distant and cold. All the lights in Columbus Circle and the Christmas songs in the area make you want to grab and hug someone. Nevertheless, I enjoy this moments of solitude. Being alone has its perks. Top of the list is that I control my own time; and for now, time is a precious gem in my hands.

Recently, I've been telling myself that I have a lot to do. I have several projects which haven't attained completion. Even near completion. Time is a huge factor for these projects but there's no reason to take it slowly. Good thing about staying in Pennsylvania is that I am able to focus on these tasks (although my friend's ginormous 51" television haunted me for three days. I did not let go of the damn remote for the whole time) and surviving isn't that expensive.




Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Clayman said...

Miss you, friend. 0:-)