Thursday, February 07, 2008

I Am Legend

I feel old. I feel like a bear, not in the kink sense, but someone who hibernated for 10 months. Everything in me is creaky and needs oiling (I'm strying hard to sound serious here, okay). I suck in everything I used to do well. (Now really..) But I guess, I have to rise from my butt and get going with life again. Ka-hoot.

I suck in badminton. I terribly find myself disgusting. I used to beat up a lot of people but when I tried playing again a week ago, ihe magic is lost. I guess my peers got better, too. My months of absence in the court really shows. Ugh. I hate losing.

I now see ECGs as 'squiggly lines'. Again. It's like going through 3rd year of medical school. I cannot confidently say antero-septal-myocardial-infaction. I have to do a tongue-in -the-cheek after and between the words. I guess I lost a lot of neurons from all the boozing and late night trysts (trysts in the middle of the night: does that make you dumb? I've done that more than the boozing, though.)

I can't stay up after 12 midnight. Unless it is something important. *wink, wink*
My allergies are killing me like a plague. I keep sneezing, scratching my eyes and sniffing all day. Manila is one humongous dust cloud that is slowly choking me. Haaay.

i've read two novels in two days, though. Something I am really delighted to have done. One is Oracle Night by Paul Auster and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Kite Runner is one shit of a book. I cried like a friggin' milkmaid all the way to the end. It's just a pity that the movie sucks, accordinng to some friends who went to the premiere night in New York. The director, according to them, should be chained where everyone can slap pies on his face. Such a disappointment for one hell of a book.

Hosseini is a MD! He practiced Internal Medicine for 3 years, published this book in 2003 and become a writer ever since. He now works for the UN as a peace worker in Afghanistan. I have a lot of realizations from reading that piece of work and it deserves anothe blog. For this purpose, however, it inspired me to write fiction myself. I passion that I've trashed after committing myself to medicine. Just a thought...

Work is overwhelming me right now. Okay, its not the work actually, its the commute! I hate the freaking commute from Novaliches to Makati and back! OMG, it scrapes out the productivity in you. It even takes your fresh-from-the-shower smell. I think its pure torture to commute this way everyday. How can people take this? Two days ago, I came to realize, as I was standing in the MRT during the afternoon rush hour, that traffic people, whoever is in charge of all these commuter torture, are all stupid. I hope they know that with not doing their job in making traffic a lot better, is actually detrimental to our country's economy. Traffic scoops out the positive outlook, the energy and the productivity in you. I absolutely hate every single minute I sit down in traffic.

Well, its been a while since I posted, so there you go. I've been using my desktop for a week now and actually missing the feel of my laptop's keyboard. Now, that I am using my laptop again, I feel charges. Unlike what traffic does to me. Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments: