Thursday, February 21, 2008

Adjusting Well, But Dead Tired

Actually, I am not adjusting well. My body is rejecting Manila and you can see it from my face. My eyelids are puffy, my nose is red and my eyes are continuously watery. My allergies are killing me! I endure the sneezing all throughout that day and my eyes are burning from itch. Aside from that, my feet looks like the map of the Philippine Islands from all the shedding. I never had an attack of dyshidrotic eczema for the last 10 months, but after a week here in Manila, my soles started to have vesicles. Ugh.

Well, it's true that I am getting into the rhythm of Manila life right now. It entails 30% of my time for work, 30% for the commute and the rest for sleep, recreation and going out. I get to read while doing the long commute from Novaliches to Makati/Manila which is actually great. I would think it's stupid, but I look forward to that long commute. I get lost in the pages as the morning traffic breeze by in my periphery. I get to focus on my novel and at the same time, I am moving from point A to point B. That's why I never had the motivation to drive.

Speaking of driving, I have to nail that skill at once.

I am currently hooked to the Barnes and Noble Meet The Author podcast. (I download it from iTunes for free) They interviewed some of my favorite authors and its really, really great to hear their voice, learn about their writing process and the basically, their life.

I am so tired today. Forgive me, but I think I have to crash.

No comments: