Saturday, February 23, 2008

Encounter With BossShitCrap

Looks like I am spending another weekend at home. I totally ditched all invitations to go out yesterday. Well, I figured that I went drinking until 3 am last Friday and I guess I should spend the Saturday for myself. What did I do? Some trivial stuff the WHOLE day long. Pretty juvenile, yes, but I am definitely hooked to this Daxter Game in PSP. Then, I arranged my music archive again. Laptop has been dead for a week and I just learned that some of my important files are still in there! I don't want to hit my panic button because my catecholamines are still up from my encounter with the DOH people.

Oh, yeah I really did make a scene in the Department of Health. They are giving me such HUGE bureaucratic crap. I have all my documents ready save for my Certificate of Registration and the Cert of No Pending case. When I applied for the No Pending Case, they gave me a certificate of good standing which is essentially the same piece of shit but the latter is from the legal department. I applied for a replacement for my certificate of registration so I figured that I should show them this claim stub and probably accept it since I need the document from them ASAP.

When I went to the freaking DOH Int'l Health Office. It was their lunch break and their office will open up at 1pm. The nerve. People from the government having a freaking lunch break. One, they don't deserve it and two, they are a government agency. Taxpayers are paying for them to have a coffeebreak? Well, I did not make a big deal out of it that time. I was in a good mood.

Then, I presented my papers. Girl #1 is kind enough to accept the Cert of Good Standing, she has to ask about the Cert of Registration. Bossshitcrap should be consulted. So, off I go to bossshitcrap. She told me she can't accept the stub. I told her that I have a replacement coming but it will be out in 2-3 months. I cannot understand what kind of proof they need for me to file my papers. I have my license and I have this certificate that I am in good standing. Oh, she said:"Well, there are some people who are actually faking their license..." I was like: WTF? I have a freakin' contract from the US...do you think they will accept me if I am just a dummy doctor. After all the pleading, it boils down to "No, you have to get a certificate that your Cert of Registration is under process."

Okay, I'm going to play this game, I told myself. I went back to PRC and obtained that stupid document. It will be out in five days. Pakshet naman, o.

So, I got this certificate 3 days ago and marched back to DOH. Guess what? They issued me --tada!!--another Certificate of Good Standing, this one has a "for whatever legal purpose it may serve" clause in it. Great. After 5 days and P100 less, I got another Good Standing piece of paper shit.

At the DOH, Girl #2 got my papers this time and looked at my Good Standing. She said we needed a Certificate of No Pending Case, not this one. I argued that Girl#1 said it's fine the last time. She said "Oh no, you should talk to BossShitCrap about this". So I talked to her again. Bossshitcrap said the same thing, "I cannot accept this." This time I was raising my voice. I told her that Girl#1 told me it is okay and I specifically asked PRC about this No Pending Case document and they told me it's the same as the Good Standing piece of shit. She even showed me how it looked like and their letter to PRC, telling them to issue applicants with the No Pending Case from the Legal Department.

I was so frustrated. I wanted to have a go on her false eyelashes. Her neck was also a pretty nice wringing ground.

I told her that it wasn't my fault since I asked them about the No Pending Case and this is what they issued me. I surmised that it is definitely not my responsibility to tell those imbeciles in the PRC that the Good Standing certificate is not the same as the No Pending Case Document. I don't understand why they cannot accept my documents. I was definitely raising my voice because it is such a pain in the ass to go to DOH. It's out of the way and moreover, my papers will get delayed for another week.

She finally asked me, "Why did the rest of the applicants got it right?".

"Maam BossShitCrap, I went directly to the PRC to ask the right questions and to get the right document. Apparently, they gave me the wrong one and it's not my FRIGGIN' fault!! " Actually, if you read both certificates, they say the same thing. I don't understand why can't they accept one for the other?

She said, "But, I cannot accept that. "Wait, I have a phone call," she retorted and turned her back from me.

I stormed out of the room. I was so furious. I might say something really evil to BossShitCrap. She uses this teeny-weeny voice that sounded like a school teacher talking to her fifth grade pupil. It was so annoying. She even said something like, "Ganyan talaga ang nag-aapply," complete with her malambing-but-annoying-almost-sarcastic tone.

Does that mean they have this clout over people since they are applying? How come people have this notion that applying to them is akin to asking them a favor? It affirms that Filipinos are, indeed, power hungry. Well, specifically, BossShitCrap. She took this opportunity to torment applicants like me. I guess she figured that she can never have this power over a doctor and powertripping might be a good hobby she can learn. Wow.

I have been through a lot by this time and these people are still giving me a hard time. Ugh. I hate it. I took the time off before going back to the dinghy DOH building. I have to cool off my steam for a few days. But, it is so frustrating that some things in the Philippine government offices will never learn to change. So, I have to go back to PRC and get the No Pending Case Certificate. I have two certificates of Good Standing which I don't need. Should I ask for a refund? It's almost 200 bucks for two pieces of paper which will soon be shredder fodder. But, with the amazing services of Philippine government offices, I bet they won't give me the freaking refund.

No comments: