Thursday, May 31, 2007

Friends, Gifts and A New Haircut For My Birthday...I Couldn'd Ask For More

Being unemployed and broke in the city did not stop my friends in celebrating my third decade of life. I was planning to celebrate it in low-key, totally proverbial kind of partying but it was nothing like that. It was a week-long celebration...I was partying with a different set of friends all the time and it was just a bliss to have these amazing friends around me. They all know what I went through and they were keeping me extremely happy. I could've done these things for them, I swear, if everything worked out the first time I set foot in NYC and I think they know that. That's why they're going all out for me. That's how I felt, though. It might be right or wrong, but I don't really care.

MON: Karaoke with Jeff and SLR friends
TUES: (my bday night) dinner with Cindy and Alex (thanks), Therapy and B bar with Beej. (I was drunk, but not Boracay drunk.)
WED: rest day (hangover...)
THURS: Pot luck with SLR pinoy mafia and Harold (he's from SUNY) and Beej(CUNY/NYU)
FRI: night out at The Web with Omar, Joseph and Beej
Saturday: Spring Awakening with Jong, Cindy and Jeng. (Thanks for the tickets, Jongster!)
SUN: Manhattan tour for Jeng, afternoon picnic at Central Park (we won for most food brought amongst the picnic people...it was a knockoff! Godiva chocolates in the park?? Who can beat that/)

This part, I would want to thank my sponsors: Beej for the kare-kare (I love, so love, absolutely love it), Chari (for the pasta), Cinds (for...schucks, I forgot what she brought), Alex (for the stroganoff), Aggie (for the cupcakes), Cla (for the cake, Harold (for the seal liver pate-an inside joke) and Debbie (for shit, I forgot too). Thanks people! Love you to bits. Of course, I can never thank Jeff enough for having me in his apartment.

Thanks, Jeng for this. I know its pricey, man, you shouldn't have bothered but thanks, really. I actually asked her to buy this for me in Dubai since fragrances like this one is much cheaper there. She just gave it to me and kissed me happy birthday. Aww, so sweet. She's an angel.

My boo was happy too. He sports a new coat now courtesy of Joseph and Jeff Price. But I am keeping my puke green skin for the iPod which everyone think is hedious. One friend even lied to me and quipped Well, I said it was cute that you have it. Liar! You told me it was cute. But then, your kare-kare made me forgive you. *wink*

And I got a new haircut--which whipped 10 years from my current age. I'm not really into this prepubertal kid look but I guess saying goodbye to my locks for the summer is a good idea. Its becoming unruly and mufasa-ish sometimes and I had terrible pictures during my birthday. So, I wont be posting any of those pics here. I hate blackmail.

This has been another unforgettable birthday, just like the bdays I spent in Manila where everybody in ICON and close friends would troop to our suburban home in the middle of summer. When everyone would say: "Man, I saw cows on the road on my way here and thats when I know I'm on the right track. Happy birthday!"

Actually, I'm not sure of the I couldn't ask for more part. Materialism is one of my favorite virtues, along with vanity and pretention. A MacBook and a job will be oh so fine.

No comments: